Tis’ the season, the season for SNOW! With bad weather comes lots of accidents. When the roads are slick it is hard to know what to do. One thing you should do is STAY HOME. Not everyone is able to do this so if you are involved in an accident make sure you are prepared. Keep blankets, flashlights, first aid kits and even some food with you in case you find yourself stranded. If you are involved in an accident and possible have an injury make sure you get proper medical attention immediately. One of the things that we run into at Brad Pistotnik Law firm and are often asked after an accident is who will pay my medical bills? Kansas requires you to have insurance on your vehicle and that insurance will involve personal injury protection coverage or PIP. The minimum amount of PIP coverage is 4500.00. This coverage has nothing to do with who caused the accident. PIP coverage is for reasonable medical treatment and a good reason to go ahead and make sure you are OK. Even if you think you don’t have injuries, you could wake up the next morning feeling differently. Many people don’t realize they are injured right after an accident because adrenaline may be flowing. It is possible that you may have more than 4500 in coverage for personal injury protection but it is always best to get yourself checked out. Do not put your health at risk, seek medical attention. If you have a clean bill of health then you should consider yourself very lucky. If you are involved in an accident on a Kansas highway make sure and get checked out to protect your health. If you are injured contact Brad Pistotnik Law now to know your rights! Brad Pistotnik Law can help if you have been involved in a car, truck or motorcycle accident in the State of Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma and Illinois. And yes! Brad Pistotnik does answer the phone himself most of the time!